Zhongwuer Monastery is located in Nagqu County, Tibet, and is one of the famous Karma Gaju Sect monasteries on the northern Tibetan plateau. According to legend, Choji Gamba (born in 1174), a powerful disciple of the first Karmapa Living Buddha, often saw a white wild yak roaring in his dreams when he was practicing. He told his master shifu Karmapa Rinpoche about the scene in his dream, and the master shifu said that this dream indicates that his career is in the north. Later, according to his master shifu's instructions, Choji Gamba came to the Xiaquka area in northern Tibet, and built a tent monastery on the grassland in 1554. He named it Xiazhongwuer Monastery, which means "in the Xiaqu River in Tibetan, where the white wild yaks scream." In the middle of the Qing Dynasty, the Xiazhongwuer Monastery had great development, especially with the strong support and admiration of the fifth Dalai Lama, the monastery was changed to "Zhonggong Tudeng Langjie Monastery." In 1652, on March 8 of the Tibetan calendar, the tent monastery was officially rebuilt into more than 60 monk rooms and scripture halls, covering an area of 5189 square meters, with as many as 400 monks. Since its establishment, the monastery has experienced seven monastery owners. The monastery wall is made of Mani stone about two meters high and one meter wide. Mani stones are engraved with six mantras, hundred-character prayers, Vajra mantras, and images of Padmasambhava, the founder of the Gagyu sect, and Dharma protectors. The current abbot is the seventh Tudeng Tajie Living Buddha.